Dr Rahul Narang, Dean (Academics)
- Dr Rahul Narang assumed charge of Dean (Academics) in AIIMS Bibinagar on 15th June 2021.
- Dr Rahul obtained his MBBS, MD and PhD degree from Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sewagram and MBA from Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik.
- As a medical college faculty for 23 years.Dr Rahul has been actively involved with UG and PG teaching, research and patient care. He has been associated with a number of studies funded by national and international agencies and published over 100 documents with 62 peer reviewed publications.He has delivered at least 50 guest lectures.
- Dr Rahul has been executive member of
Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists, member of International Union Against Tuberculosis
and Lung Diseases, the Union, member of International Working Group on TB Infection Control and
Indian National Working Group on NTM. Dr Rahul has worked in collaboration with ICMR-NIV,
ICMR-NIRT, ICMR-NIE, ICMR-NIRTH, ICMR-NIMR, National Tuberculosis Institute Bangalore (NTI),
Nagpur Veterinary College etc.
- Internationally, Dr Rahul has worked with FIND, Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics, Geneva as a consultant for two years in Ethiopia. He has worked in collaboration with CDC-Atlanta, JHU,
Columbia University (ICAP), University of Washington (I-PACT), Emory University, Pennsylvania
State University, University of Illinois Chicago, New York State University, Addis Ababa University
etc.He also worked as CDC Atlanta Project Manager for FIND where he looked after 9 public health
laboratories working on newer TB diagnostics in South India and acted as In Charge of In-ternational Centre of Excellence for Laboratory Technology (ICELT) located NTI Bangalore.
- In line with the objectives of AIIMS Bibinagar, Dr Rahul envisions to provide an environment full of
good health and happiness to the students where they can learn at par with their global peers and
immerse in research and other extracurricular activities to fulfil their dreams. Dr Rahul has been
working to establish Working Groups on various aspects of human health and disease as well as
One Health involving animal and environmental health.